Opportunities to Thrive.
Below are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
If this is your first time applying to a Therma-Tru position, please create a candidate profile, submit your information and resume, and apply for positions you are interested in.
If you have applied for a position with Therma-Tru or created a profile, log in to update your profile, apply for other positions, and track previous applications.
Click column header to sort
Therma-Tru is the #1 Fiberglass door manufacturer in the industry; Rated “Best Buy” in 2015 by Consumers Digest in the fiberglass door category. Our Fypon business unit is the brand name leader in urethane millwork. We offer innovative designs and products to consumers and unique career opportunities to our associates.
Located in Northwest Ohio, Therma-Tru offers excellent rotational learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art research and innovation facility in Edgerton, OH.
As a Value Engineering Co-op, you will work with industry experts in the field of research and design. Our Engineers work closely with cross function groups on innovative product engineering projects offering a diverse work experience.
Health, Safety, and Environmental
Therma-Tru Corporation is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its associates. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each associate. Associates are responsible for participating in our Company’s incident and injury prevention programs as well as our Company’s environmental programs. All associates must comply with our environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to: Take responsibility for Therma-Tru’s overall management of inbound and outbound transportation, cost effectively and timely to meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Manage domestic and international truckload and LTL freight for a business segment.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with carriers and internal customers to maintain high levels of customer service and CSI.
- Support transportation budget goals by selecting lowest cost transportation solutions that meets customer expectations.
- Assist with customer and inter plant order consolidation and cube optimization.
- Change agent to support “best of class” logistics processes.
- Analyze freight spend data by region, carrier, mode, and customer to understand trends and mitigate risk.
- Analyze mixed shipments of BPO, Wholesale, and Fypon products to spread the shipment costs back to the proper division.
- Review freight routings on a monthly basis to find opportunities to improve logistics spend.
- Review freight spend by carrier by month looking for changes to capture any major billing issues.
- Identify potential cost savings or risk mitigation opportunities.
- Support the freight needs of production and distribution facilities in the Therma-Tru network.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or other related focus
- Strong analytical skills
- MS OFFICE experience
- ERP system experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and problem solve
- Strong communication skills
Qualification Requirements - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
Physical Demands: N/A.
Non-Physical Demands: Include but are not limited to time pressures, frequent change of tasks, irregular work schedule/overtime, multi-tasking, working closely with others as a team, and some tedious/task work.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate works in an office setting typically, but at times, may need to visit one of our factories or distribution center.
Education and Experience:Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or other related focus.
Computer Skills: MS Office, ERP system (Oracle, e21, Great Plains).
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
- Proven leadership ability
- Hands-on leader with sense of urgency
- Excellent coaching and teambuilding skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing lean initiatives and cost reduction skills
- Strong ability to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the daily scheduling process
- Experience with E21 or similar ERP system
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Wear your jeans to work!
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop the manufacturing team to focus on growth portion of TT business. Incumbent will focus on developing manufacturing processes that are driven by Engaged Associates using Safe Manufacturing Practices, Quality Principles and Productive processes. This manager will engage Product Engineering and Marketing to collectively assure manufacturability of the product to meet our customers’ expectations.
- The bullet points below reflect roughly 80% of your job. We are a fast-paced company, you may be pulled in a variety of different directions with tasks added or changed.
- Manage Production
- Ensure safe work environment (Per TT standards)
- Balance production to meet TT OT goal <10%
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to provide foresight on upcoming displays and push to make according to production capacity/timing.
- Add Displays to Production schedule based on timing
- If Display production needs to start prior to orders, get a signed approval from LT member
- Work with Eng to streamline production and implement new processes.
- Weekly review of Open orders and production planning with Team
- Review/Approve Requisitions for purchases
- Help team align on quality concerns/criteria
- Safety Steering Team
- Review monthly Safety goals, as well as AICs/Near misses in butler that could happen in Edgerton as well.
- Monthly S&OP Meeting
- Meet with WBU/RBU Marketing team to discuss upcoming displays
- Align on timing and capabilities
- Manage Production Data updates
- Marketing DRF Completion
- Put together production timing for each new display
- Fill out Manufacturing tab with Labor/OH times for each display
- BOM change Requests
- Review new BOMs with Eng and ensure data/quantities are accurate
- Fill out new BOM change requests as needed
- Associate Times/Discipline
- Complete Associate hours weekly
- Perform all HR disciplinary actions (as needed)
- Manage Marketing special requests
- One off builds outside of E-21
- Complete ICTs for materials (as needed)
- Track production timing and work with Finance to have costs/materials billed to correct account.
- Manage IBS production
- Complete ICTs for materials (as needed)
- Work with Eng to ensure Data/BOMs are setup correctly
- Work with Butler production to ensure quality product arrives on time to meet strict timelines.
- Manage Site/equipment usage from other Business units
- Monclova Eng uses booths for trials
- Ensure they schedule around production as needed
- Ensure they work with Safety to get all new product MSDS’s approved prior to arrival to Edgerton
- Ensure all product brought in is removed upon completion.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.