- Some post-secondary schooling in engineering, construction, or business
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- 1-year minimum test lab or building trades experience
- Skill using power tools and machining equipment
- Experience reading blueprints
- Self-directed and motivated for completion of projects
- Ability to take direction on tasks
- Ability to comprehend complex test methods and standards
- Adequate mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Conceptualization, visualization and creativity
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Basic comprehension of lean and data analysis tools, such as 5S and 6σ.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word and Excel) and adequate technical writing skills
- Complies with record-keeping, calibration processes, and data share
- 3D printer and CMM experience
- Fork lift license
- Casual and fun open concept office equipped with a Ping-Pong Table
- No Dress Code!
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced building with onsite lab for testing products
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Lab Technician I, you will learn many facets of the manufacturing and engineering process. You will use your mechanical and mathematical skills to work with Marketing and Engineering in developing and testing new and innovative products. Using your problem-solving abilities, you will determine failure modes and suggest improvements to testing applications. Overall, you will gain technical knowledge, skills, and experience to contribute in making quality products.
- Responsible for setup component and complete door system testing. In this responsibility, it is required to understand the operation of key pieces of equipment to properly setup the component or door for testing. Additionally, this may require the ability to machine parts to engineering specifications.
- Compile accurate testing data and administer concise reporting. Ensure documentation of failures, special testing parameters, and accuracy of data are delivered in report. May require above average knowledge of Microsoft Office functions such as Excel and Word.
- Deliver testing results in an efficient manner. Limit non-value-add movements to ensure project timelines are met.
- Collaborate with technicians, engineers and plant personnel to ensure proper test methods and outcomes of testing results are clear.
- Operate and repair testing equipment in both labs.
- Reading and interpreting test methods/standards and following guidelines to ensure testing integrity is met. Must have the capacity to follow standards with extreme accuracy to produce acceptable results.
- Capability to employ Six-Sigma knowledge in test variance reduction or working knowledge of Six-Sigma to deliver results. Qualification in Six-Sigma is recommended, but not required.
- Maintain lab and warehouse areas. Must have the ability to acquire a fork lift license.
- Ability to ship and receive product using E21 and physical labor.