As the Director, Digital Applications, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the architect, plan, execute, deliver, and maintain the deployment of eCommerce products and work closely with the eCommerce business partners across Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security businesses (Fiberon, Master Lock, and Therma-Tru). The Director will have responsibility for the digital assets and partner in finding off-the-shelf solutions that support the eCommerce space.
As a critical member of the IT leadership team for Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security, this role contributes to developing and executing the enterprise-wide IT strategy. The Digital Director is responsible for helping to grow our eCommerce presence with traditional retailers and eCommerce providers.
The Digital IT Leader will be knowledgeable on Agile development practices and help to train their teams in how to build an iterative methodology.
Location: This position can be located near any of our offices in Toledo, OH, Milwaukee, WI, Deerfield, IL or Charlotte, NC
- Partners with the functional eCommerce leaders in setting the mission, vision, and strategy of the eCommerce roadmap and deployments.
- Possess a robust understanding of eCommerce technologies
- Lead the Agile eCommerce development team through common, including creating a Tribe that delivers quarterly business priorities.
- Able to partner closely with the different Marketing teams in establishing successful KPIs that measure overall performance.
- Have a strategic mindset to establish a comprehensive yet pragmatic vision based on a strong base of analysis.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate eCommerce vision coupled with influencing and leadership skills to lead people to achieve it.
- Ensure effective consultation with various business partners (internally & externally) in exploring and applying innovative “outside-in” solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges.
- Partner in developing strong business-driven performance metrics that are achieved through digitizing the front office while working closely with the middle and back-office system owners to extract data to drive better customer experience and eliminate manual activities.
- Develop an overall architecture roadmap for the eCommerce technology stack.
- Build a robust deployment methodology to track key success factors.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute workforce plans to supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business administration, or related field
- 7+ years of IT eCommerce experience, especially in an Oracle on-prem and cloud framework
- 5+ years of leading and managing a digital Agile development team, including strategy, budgeting, and staffing
- Experience in Agile as a Product Owner (or a similar role), strong skills in maintaining and prioritizing a backlog
- Experience synchronizing goals with Squad Leads in Squads, leads the formulation of the Tribe and Squads mission and goals
- Scrum Master, Product Owner certification (or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software development lifecycle from idea conception through planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support, and transition into operations team.
- Knowledge or eCommerce marketplace, including off the shelf products (e.g., Shopify)
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate a team’s vision
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources required for success may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Exceptional business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Strong sense of self, ethics, and the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve essential goals
- Ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic staffing plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Experienced in leveraging new eCommerce tools
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Hybrid work schedules available
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.