- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- 1-2 years of previous supervisory experienced
- Ability to work 12 hour night shifts in a continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as scheduled
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in plastics extrusion or plastics manufacturing preferred
- Kaizen training and work experience, a plus.
- Quality management systems experience, a plus.
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Wear your jeans to work!
- The opportunity to work for company that supports sustainability and uses recycled materials to produce their products!
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will oversee a staff of associates at our manufacturing facility. You will plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Your leadership and guidance will foster a positive work environment with strong team dynamics.
The bullet points below reflect roughly 80% of your job. We are a fast-paced company, you may be pulled in a variety of different directions with tasks added or changed.
- Ensures positive associate relations and provides coaching and development. Makes employment decisions and works through associate issues following proper management and HR protocols.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement projects within the manufacturing operations.
- Assists with updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists with achieving daily production requirements and accurately reporting these results.
- Participates in and actively supports facility safety systems.
- Understands and utilizes the Quality Assurance system.
- Provides leadership and manages department priorities.
- Improve working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and increase associates’ skills and capabilities.
- Assists Production Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and performance management.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.