- Minimum of B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a product development environment using a Stage Gate process
- A strong track record of delivering successful design solutions from concept to production
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach individuals resulting in growth and improved performance
- Ability to collaboratively work with a variety of functions and opinions
- Deep understanding of engineering practices and ability to implement best in class processes
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills
- Highly motivated, hands-on, and enjoys a results-oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills and timely decision-making ability
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Casual and fun open concept office equipped with a Ping-Pong Table
- No Dress Code!
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced building with onsite lab for testing products
- Regular team building events
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-15% of the time
- Travel & expense reimbursement program
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will Lead a team of 4-5 engineers to drive the execution on new products from initial concept through launch in both the wholesale and retail channels. You will work on a variety of projects ranging from line extensions to new category innovations. You will be moving at a fast pace, collaborating with our plants and vendors, driving creativity, continuous process improvements, and ensuring compliance to sound engineering practices to ensure high levels of quality are maintained for our premium brand.
- Resource planning through project portfolio planning and prioritization meetings
- Contribute to project prioritization decisions and drive detailed project definition and scope
- Lead and champion engineering best practices in the areas of Lean product development, DVP&R’s, DFMEA’s, Material and Performance specifications, Design Standards, tolerance stack-ups, etc.
- Advocate for predictive engineering tools (e.g., FEA, Mold Flow, Thermal, etc.)
- Take on engineering responsibility for some active projects as needed to meet business needs
- Drive continuous improvement and ensure that Engineers have all the tools & training to manage projects & tasks efficiently
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.