- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for your children
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
As the Senior Product Launch Engineer, you will have the opportunity to: support the Product Launch Engineering Manager by taking the “Voice of the Customer” and turning this in to processes, materials and equipment that exceed customer requirements. You will use data to identify and drive improvements across the Butler facility using a structured project methodology.
This position will work directly with the Butler Operations Team to review, recommend and implement improvement projects in conjunction with New Product Development introductions that will transition Butler Operations into world class status. The projects will be primarily New Proudct Introductions but may also include: Quality Improvements, Cost Reductions, Strategic Capital projects, Long Term Planning, and Lean Processes.
This position is a key member of simultaneous engineering teams responsible for the development and implementation of new products & processes from concept to market. This role will lead the Operations portion of the New Product Development process ensuring flawless launch capability as well as be the liaison between the design and process engineering functions.
- Leadership – Will become the “Go To” person in the Butler Facility to understand the Therma Tru product offering, the manufacturing process and the equipment required to produce it.
- Works with the Product Development Team to ensure product design & manufacturing processes are aligned to achieve Design for Manufacturability and Assembly.
- Facilitates product maturation (performance, dimensional, and appearance) phases of new product/process launch through the development of project assumptions and accurate specifications.
- Assists with product & process input for the development of product design path which incorporates design improvements to align with future state Manufacturing vision
- Works with Product Development Engineering team to improve product design and Quality, while reducing product costs and increasing manufacturing efficiency.
- Works with Product Development, Sourcing, Quality, & Technical Sales teams to improve product design while reducing product costs, improve quality while increasing manufacturing efficiency.
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on production, quality, process, and equipment issues using structured problem solving methods
- Resolves issues related to dimensional and performance requirements by evaluation of design, SPC, DOE, tooling,molding, coatings, and assembly.
- Manages manufacturing review process and ensures advanced quality planning documents updated: FMEA’s (design/process), Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Gage R&R studies, and capability studies to help identify and resolve challenges during the development and launch of a new product introductions.
- Assists in processing and delivering pre-production parts by ensuring that tools replicate production process intent and meet design and performance specifications, and providing updated information regarding engineering changes.
- Supports launches at other TT facilities as needed, to support all phases of the stage gate process ― including Engineering and Component Review meetings, molding trials, assembly trials, and SOP activities.
- Works with Butler Operations Team to identify and resolve operational challenges by leading or participating in Continious Improvement teams.
- Works with Project Delivery team to define and create the Operations team’s work breakdown structures for incorporation in to project plans.
- Lead cross functional teams through the utilization of project management tools and processes as well as collaborating as part of a project team.
- Assists with the completion and review process for the manufacturing section of the stage gate process.
- Utilize the APQP process to capture & record and track all open issues to closure. Report out to management on status of programs.
- Work with the Product Launch Engineering Manager to develop and support the Engineering Services & Butler Operations Team.
- May perform other duties as required.
A successful Senior Product Launch Engineer, will have:
- 4 year technical degree, BS in Engineering preferred.
- Black Belt 6-Sigma Prefferred
- Demonstrated track record of personal growth and development.
- Technical understanding of Therma-Tru products, processes, and equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in a product design, manufacturing or supply chain environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of engineering, ERP system functionality, bill of materials (BOM’s), part/product configuration, and or scheduling/sequencing. production
Health, Safety, and Environmental
Therma-Tru Corporation is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its associates. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each associate. Associates are responsible for participating in our Company’s incident and injury prevention programs, as well as our Company’s environmental programs. All associates must comply with our environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.