ABOUT THE JOB
As the Associate Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to support the product management of assigned product line(s). The individual in this position will provide recommendations for the products, assist in product definition for new product specifications, and aid in the overall business management of established product lines, as directed, to maintain product leadership and achieve growth objectives.
- Supports Product Leadership to attain market share, revenue, unit sales and gross margin targets for assigned product range. Assists with profit review of product line results, with recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to get and analyze detailed product information, ordering and pricing within an internal database system.
- Develops a thorough understanding of customer and market needs/trends, and of company capabilities. Balances conflicting demands to assist with the development of solutions that maximize the company’s opportunity vs. competitors.
- Provides support for any business, technical or competitive issue on assigned product line(s). Champions the “voice of the customer” on all product related issues inside the company.
- Responsible for effective and professional communication to all levels in the company to support product line strategies, positioning, channel needs, financial impact, priorities and customer requirements.
- Assists in preparation of annual pricing strategy including; list prices, and price concession requests as well as analysis of competitive positioning, revenue and profit impact of price changes.
- Supports competitive analysis at the regional level, and insight to product gaps or advantages as requested.
- Supports business improvement initiatives in assigned product range.
- Provides sales and product training support to help drive revenue and profitability goals of product line. Attend industry-related trade shows, sales meetings, and maintain trade association contacts as needed. Maintain a general understanding of pertinent industry building and government codes and standards to best position assigned product line.
- Support brand marketing / marketing services with product knowledge, promotional strategy input and tactics for assigned product lines. Review content and message of collateral materials and communications for assigned product lines as requested. Ensure the accuracy of product offering, descriptions, pricing, etc.in all company communications.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one to three years of sales and marketing experience
- Prior demonstrated success in assisting in the development of product plans for retail and wholesale channels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite package skills.
- Some P & L familiarity.
- Experience in product development, marketing and promoting products through creative marketing processes that link homeowners to a core brand through retail or trade partners.
- Outstanding communication skills (written, presentation, one on one).
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
WORK LIFE BALANCE
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.