- Proven leadership ability
- Hands-on leader with sense of urgency
- Excellent coaching and teambuilding skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing lean initiatives and cost reduction skills
- Strong ability to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the daily scheduling process
- Experience with E21 or similar ERP system
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Wear your jeans to work!
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop the manufacturing team to focus on growth portion of TT business. Incumbent will focus on developing manufacturing processes that are driven by Engaged Associates using Safe Manufacturing Practices, Quality Principles and Productive processes. This manager will engage Product Engineering and Marketing to collectively assure manufacturability of the product to meet our customers’ expectations.
- The bullet points below reflect roughly 80% of your job. We are a fast-paced company, you may be pulled in a variety of different directions with tasks added or changed.
- Manage Production
- Ensure safe work environment (Per TT standards)
- Balance production to meet TT OT goal <10%
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to provide foresight on upcoming displays and push to make according to production capacity/timing.
- Add Displays to Production schedule based on timing
- If Display production needs to start prior to orders, get a signed approval from LT member
- Work with Eng to streamline production and implement new processes.
- Weekly review of Open orders and production planning with Team
- Review/Approve Requisitions for purchases
- Help team align on quality concerns/criteria
- Safety Steering Team
- Review monthly Safety goals, as well as AICs/Near misses in butler that could happen in Edgerton as well.
- Monthly S&OP Meeting
- Meet with WBU/RBU Marketing team to discuss upcoming displays
- Align on timing and capabilities
- Manage Production Data updates
- Marketing DRF Completion
- Put together production timing for each new display
- Fill out Manufacturing tab with Labor/OH times for each display
- BOM change Requests
- Review new BOMs with Eng and ensure data/quantities are accurate
- Fill out new BOM change requests as needed
- Associate Times/Discipline
- Complete Associate hours weekly
- Perform all HR disciplinary actions (as needed)
- Manage Marketing special requests
- One off builds outside of E-21
- Complete ICTs for materials (as needed)
- Track production timing and work with Finance to have costs/materials billed to correct account.
- Manage IBS production
- Complete ICTs for materials (as needed)
- Work with Eng to ensure Data/BOMs are setup correctly
- Work with Butler production to ensure quality product arrives on time to meet strict timelines.
- Manage Site/equipment usage from other Business units
- Monclova Eng uses booths for trials
- Ensure they schedule around production as needed
- Ensure they work with Safety to get all new product MSDS’s approved prior to arrival to Edgerton
- Ensure all product brought in is removed upon completion.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.