- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) with an emphasis in supply chain and minimum five years related experience in a manufacturing environment are required.
- Strategic planning and thinking skills, coupled with analytical and execution skills
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of supplier capabilities and marketplace
- Team and teamwork leader/developer. Ability to develop teamwork between people and organizations
- Prior experience with Global supply base
- Plant manufacturing / operations / materials management experience
- Previous project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction at all levels of the organization
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
- Wear your jeans to work!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Commodity Manager is responsible for all aspects of supplier management within a highly complex set of commodities. You will be responsible for supplier selection and performance that delivers a competitive advantage for Therma-Tru. Supplier performance will be concentrated on quality, delivery, and cost management while directing and leading tactical and strategic initiatives with the functional areas of operations, quality, finance, engineering and marketing.
- Lead sourcing efforts to develop lowest total cost of ownership, improving our competitiveness, service levels and quality position
- Develop requests for quotations and proposals, analyze supplier responses, negotiate and award contracts, and manage post-agreement supplier activities
- Drive productivity by working closely with operational and supply chain champions, continually improving sourcing processes, driving standardization of common items, and eliminating waste in the supply chain
- Closely interface with Supplier Quality Engineering to ensure supplier quality performance is at / above target
- Support operations by interacting closely with plant buyers by supporting the resolution of day to day issues
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.