- 5-7 years direct sales experience in building products industry
- Experience calling on distributors, dealers, builders and/or contractors
- Excellent communication skills – written, one-on-one, and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with multi-step distribution channel
- Experience with sales forecasting
- Northern California – Redding to Santa Maria to include Bakersfield, Nevada-Reno, Carson City
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- 25% Overnight travel
- Travel & expense reimbursement program
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Market Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to grow top line sales within the Northern California sales district. You’ll be responsible for cultivating relationships with key and prospective dealers, lumberyards, and small-midsize new construction builders to drive future sales growth.
- Primary focus will be on ownership of current relationships and new business development with dealers, lumberyards, and small-midsize builders.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs as well as training for the SMC (small, medium, custom) builder community.
- Communicate and train customers (distributor, dealer, builder, contractor and in home sales associates) on Therma-Tru products and range of value added services.
- Assist in the development and implementation of National Retail programs as well as assist with training for the retail associates when appropriate.
- Partner with field sales team on TT products, programs, and work directly with them and/or independently on sales calls.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders – Product Management, Marketing, Sales Leadership, Engineering, and Quality – regarding new product and competitive information, as well as communicating field and quality issues.
- Effectively handle all administrative tasks (CRM, reports, budgets, expenses, etc.) in a timely manner
- Attend trade shows and support national account sales meetings, as needed.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.