Therma-Tru has an opening for a Supply Chain Specialist Intern strating the Spring semester. This position is flexible part-time hours around your class schedule.
In this position, you’ will work within the Global Sourcing department, working with Commodity Managers and Buyers to generate and analyze business proposals. Associate will work with other cross-functional departments and suppliers as necessary in support of assigned tasks or projects.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Therma-Tru is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Master Lock, Fiberon Decking and Fypon.
- Work with Supply Chain Managers to generate Request for Quotation packages
- Analyze bid proposals from current and potential suppliers
- Update and maintain supplier change management system
- Update supplier pricing in E21 and Great Plains computer systems as needed
- Generate monthly Sourcing and Logistics KPI reports
- Work with Logistics on data/trend analysis
- Work with Commodity Managers to fill out Data Request forms
- Manage the NDA, Rebate, Supply Agreement, and Carrier Agreement databases and notify Commodity Managers when necessary
- Work with suppliers to complete the annual NAFTA and Conflict Minerals requirements
- Update and maintain commodity manager list as necessary
- Update and maintain Routing and Tendering Guidelines
- Work with Supply Chain Managers to develop and/or maintain key market data index graphs/charts.
Successful candidate will have:
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis in Excel and Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings is a plus
- Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.