Therma-Tru has an opening for an experienced building industry Territory Manager for the upstate New York area. You will be responsible for cultivating relationships with key and prospective distributor accounts to drive future sales growth. The Territory Manager will also act as the company’s front-line primary contact by establishing and maintaining relationships with key executives, purchasing/estimating, construction/operations, sales, architecture, design, and finance personnel (or other disciplines) within customers’ and prospects’ organizations.
- Develops business plan and targets for market and channel growth through conversion within assigned territory.
- Owns existing customer relationships, but spends majority of time cultivating new relationships with key distributors, dealers, and builders within specific area.
- Primary contact for escalation of issues by customer accounts of Segment Managers/Specialists
- Collaborates with RM's on establishing market pricing consistent with existing market dynamics.
- Collaborate with RM’s, AM’s, R&D, Engineering, and QC regarding new product and competitive information, as well as communicating field and quality issues.
- Communicate and train customers on TT products and range of value added services.
- Presents and implements marketing, merchandising, and promotional programs and materials to customers.
- Proactively and effectively assist in resolving service issues in partnership with Customer Service Group.
- Effectively handle all administrative tasks (activity reports, future/prospective opportunities, expenses, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Maintain current database on customers and prospects.
- Attend trade shows as necessary
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years direct sales experience in building products industry preferred
- Experience calling on distributors and dealers
- Experience with multi-step distribution process
- Forecasting experience
- Understanding of wholesale channel distribution
- Excellent communication skills…presentations, one on one and written
- Initiative and self-starter
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs