Fiberon Decking in New London, NC has an opening for an entry level Mechanical Engineer to join the Product Design team.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will perform mechanical design, analysis, and test composite Decking, Door, Fencing, Railing and Window profile systems. You are also expected to work on sustaining and engineering changes when needed. You will be working under the direction and guidance of the Vice President of Innovation.
- Design of extrusion, injection parts and pieces in CAD.
- Evaluation/interpretation of Finite Element Analysis (structural analysis, modal analysis).
- Presentation of Finite Element Analysis results
- Compose proposals for design optimization.
- Gather necessary CAD data for Finite Element Analysis for Design Department.
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering or similar technical studies.
- Ability to solve moderate engineering problems independently
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Familiar with fundamentals in manufacturing processes (extrusion, metal forming, injection molding), design engineering, material science
- Proficiency in Solidworks or AutoCad is a must.
- Knowledge of MS Office software package (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in designing extrusion profiles, injection molded plastics, zinc or magnesium die cast parts, and precision sheet metal is preferred.
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation is preferred
- Experience with PVC thermoplastic extrusion is preferred.
Candidates for positions with Fiberon must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.