The process engineer, with an tooling/machining focus, will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes. They will design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services. The process engineer may also design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. They will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. The process engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines. They will also work in a support role as needed on less complex projects such as:
1) Actively participate in the VBS (Values Based Safety) Program
2) Participate in incident investigations and resolutions
3) Develop process improvements with a “safety first” attitude regarding material handling.
4) Immediately address any potential safety issues with the appropriate personnel
5) Review and evaluate ergonomic and safety concerns and risks for all activities and projects
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to: Lead the transformation in the Butler Manufacturing Operations as well as company-wide with regards to process engineering. You will drive improvements through all facets of the Value Stream from supplier to customer. This position is essential in developing a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.