Founded in 1997 in North Carolina, Fiberon built its business selling high-quality, eco-friendly composite decking, railing and fencing. In 2007, after a period of rapid growth, Fiberon expanded operations to Meridian, Idaho, enabling efficient bi-coastal manufacturing and distribution. Today, Fiberon is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Therma-Tru Doors, Master Lock, and Fypon.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will perform mechanical design, analysis, and test composite Decking, Door, Fencing, Railing and Window profile systems. You are also expected to work on sustaining and engineering changes when needed. You will be working under the direction and guidance of the Vice President of Innovation.
- Design of extrusion, injection parts and pieces in CAD.
- Accomplishment of Finite Element Analysis (structural analysis, modal analysis).
- Evaluation/interpretation of Finite Element Analysis
- Presentation of Finite Element Analysis results
- Compose proposals for design optimization.
- Gather necessary CAD data for Finite Element Analysis for Design Department.
- Ability to solve moderate engineering problems independently
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Strong motivation to succeed and self-direction are required.
- Effectively participate as team member and have the desire and ability to learn.
- Embrace innovation, technical excellence, and good work ethics
- Good initiatives in setting and meeting goals.
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering or similar technical studies.
- Experience in designing extrusion profiles, injection molded plastics, zinc or magnesium die cast parts, and precision sheet metal is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office software package (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Solidworks or AutoCad is a must.
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation is preferred
- Experience with PVC thermoplastic extrusion is preferred.
- Familiar with fundamentals in manufacturing processes (extrusion, metal forming, injection molding), design engineering, material science and in finite element method / numerical simulation
Candidates for positions with Fiberon must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.