Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Therma-Tru is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Master Lock, Fiberon Decking and Fypon.
Therma-Tru currently has an opening for a project engineer to work with cross functional teams to design, develop, and validate new products from concept to launch. The successful candidate is hands-on, has technical rigor, mechanical design and manufacturing experience. These skills, combined with flexibility, a problem-solving orientation, solid communication skills and attention to detail, will enable successful project implementation. The position will report to the Director of Engineering and be located in our new state of the art innovation center near Toledo, Ohio.
- Understand and actively manage system level product design requirements and provide feedback and recommendations to the project team. Provide input to the Project Manager to develop cost and schedule.
- Conduct system DFMEA’s, design reviews and utilize other robust engineering practices such as DOE’s, tolerance stackups, limit testing, etc. to bring new products through production into the market place predictably.
- Liaison with supply chain personnel, vendors, and manufacturing staff for the specification and sourcing of raw materials, components and final products.
- Develop detailed DVP’s, coordinate, and troubleshoot to ensure requirements are met for production release.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Provide manufacturing and operations support during critical product launch phases.
- Work closely with Quality department to address any outstanding internal and external quality and product issues.
- Learn and apply lean product development tools, systematic problem solving and critical thinking to new product development and continuous improvement projects.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years product design and development experience
- New product development launch and Stage Gate experience
- Experience with 3-D Parametric Solid Modeling (Solid Edge is a plus), Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Six-sigma or statistical process control experience desirable
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-ups, review process capability and manage changes accordingly
- Proven ability for problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
- 5-10% travel required
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.