Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Therma-Tru is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Master Lock, Fiberon Decking and Fypon.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will get the opportunity to:
Support the product management of assigned product line/s. The individual in this position will provide recommendations for the products, assist in product definition for new product specifications, and aid in the overall business management of established product lines, as directed, to maintain product leadership and achieve growth objectives.
- Supports Product Leadership to attain market share, revenue, unit sales and gross margin targets for assigned product range. Assists with profit review of product line results, with recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to get and analyze detailed product information, ordering and pricing within an internal database system.
- Develops a thorough understanding of customer and market needs / trends, and of company capabilities. Balances conflicting demands to assist with the development of solutions that maximize the company’s opportunity vs. competitors.
- Provides support for any business, technical or competitive issue on assigned product line/s. Champions the “voice of the customer” on all product related issues inside the company.
- Responsible for effective and professional communication to all levels in the company to support product line strategies, positioning, channel needs, financial impact, priorities and customer requirements.
- Assists in preparation of annual pricing strategy including; list prices, and price concession requests as well as analysis of competitive positioning, revenue and profit impact of price changes.
- Supports competitive analysis at the regional level, and insight to product gaps or advantages as requested.
- Supports business improvement initiatives in assigned product range.
- Provides sales and product training support to help drive revenue and profitability goals of product line. Attend industry-related trade shows, sales meetings, and maintain trade association contacts as needed. Maintain a general understanding of pertinent industry building and government codes and standards to best position assigned product line.
- Support brand marketing / marketing services with product knowledge, promotional strategy input and tactics for assigned product lines. Review content and message of collateral materials and communications for assigned product lines as requested. Ensure the accuracy of product offering, descriptions, pricing, etc in all company communications.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
A Successful Associate Product Manager will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of one to three years of sales and marketing experience or a technical knowledge within the building industry
- Prior demonstrated success in assisting in the development of product plans for retail and wholesale channels
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite package skills
- Some P & L familiarity
- Experience in product development, marketing and promoting products through creative marketing processes that link homeowners to a core brand through retail or trade partners
- Outstanding communication skills (written, presentation, one on one)
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.