Therma-Tru Doors is currently seeking a Marketing Writer to join our creative team in our corporate headquarters in Maumee, OH.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
The Marketing Writer is a member of the creative marketing team working to craft the customer-focused messages used in the Business unit’s various marketing and communications initiatives and programs. This person collaborates closely with our marketing specialists, agency partners and internal creative teams, to develop creative solutions that can be deployed in the channel, various customer segments and media. This person will also be responsible for following established Therma-Tru creative standards, processes and tools needed to ensure creative quality and integrity. In addition, you will serve as a project manager on select marketing projects, actively managing all tasks and timelines with specialists, agencies, vendors and designers, from concept to completion, to ensure projects stay on schedule and budget.
- Create editorial content for Business Unit marketing communications materials, including channel programs and promotions, brochures, trade shows, direct mail, displays and merchandising aids, sales flyers, and e-based communications.
- Function as a collaborative partner with the team’s marketing specialists and designers to conceptualize and develop new and interesting methods of communicating with channel partners and customer segments.
- Develop and document channel-specific messaging that is tailored to builder, dealer, contractor and fabricator audiences.
- Leverage Therma-Tru research and industry trends to craft messaging that supports driving door sales.
- Simplify often complex product data and feature sets, and processes into clear, concise communications that effectively position and sell our products.
- Understand and follow the unit’s style guide and standards.
- Understand and follow brand trademarks.
- Serve as the team’s copy editor, ensuring the ongoing consistency and quality of assigned projects.
- Support the development and deployment of creative standards, processes and tools.
- Support, as needed, translation and extension of branding, product information, “why” messages, marketing tools and promotions.
- Support, as needed, special sales and customer projects.
- Support the Marketing department’s overall process and project management improvement efforts.
- Support the development of the unit’s annual marketing communications plans.
- Manage select projects from concept to completion.
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Marketing Writer will have:
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, English or Communications.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in agency or corporate communication/creative services.
- Must have the ability to write for multiple media, including advertising, brochures/collateral, and customer newsletters conveyed in print and digital formats.
- Must have the ability to translate product-based technical information into crisp, compelling marketing messages for both trade and consumer audiences.
- Strong knowledge of AP Style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, proofreading, interviewing and grammar skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly.
- Motivated, team player who works well in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of the building industry a plus.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.