Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Therma-Tru currently has an opening for a Product Testing and Validation Manager who can develop and manage test facilities and equipment, as well as build and lead a world class team in the preparation, execution, and documentation of design validation testing. The postion will report directly to the Engineering Director, have 6 to 8 direct reports, and be located in our new state of the art innovation center near Toledo, Ohio.
Leader of test engineering discipline within the functional engineering organization. Manage laboratory activities, priorities, develop new capabilities, and work directly with engineering teams on all new product development. Directly involved with new vendor qualifications, product changes, codes and compliance. Interact with multiple levels of Therma-Tru’s organization and cross-functional teams to provide service across the organization; PD, Sourcing, Quality, Operations, Product Mgt., etc.
- Establish and maintain test schedules, drive alignment on test prioritization and resource allocation
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to develop new compentencies, procedures, and complimentary outside resources to close capacity and capability gaps
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications
- Identify, recommend, and coordinate installation of new test equipment
- Drive continuous improvement, apply Lean principles and 5S methodology in the operation and management of the area, and improve the lab’s critical measurement systems to support 6 sigma design practices
- Coordinate obtaining new certifications and ensure all test lab equipment is maintained & calibrated
- Provide daily management of assignments, schedules, and prioritization for team
- Recruit top talent and ensure team has required training, career development, and coaching
- Manage budget for Test Lab; operational requirements, personnel, equipment, and material purchases
- Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety team to promote and ensure a safe work environment, including compliance with health, environmental and safety regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, mechanical, materials or equivalent engineering field
- 5-10 years of experience in test engineering roles conducting varies tests in a material/mechanical laboratory
- Direct supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to select, set up, and use a wide range of test equipment, including: chemistry, environmental, structural reliability, air/water leak detection, and data acquisition
- Familiar with Lean tools and practices, 6 Sigma, 5S Methodolgy
- Familiar with ISO17025 and OHSAS standards
- Preferred software skills: JMP, Minitab, LabVIEW, Mat Lab
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with strong planning and problem solving skills
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.