Therma-Tru Doors is currently seeking an organized, strategic, energetic Product Manager to join our marketing team to support the Fiberon decking product line. The position can be located in Toledo, OH or New London, NC near Charlotte.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As a Product Manager you will join a team of talented experienced product experts. You will develop a deep understanding of the market and target customer groups to recommend strategies that will increase market share throughout the product lifecycle. You will collaborate with Innovation, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Finance to manage challenges and develop solutions to execute on the strategic plan.
- Responsible for attaining market share, revenue, unit sales and gross margin targets for assigned product range. Provides a regular profit review of product line results, with recommendations for improvement.
- Develops a thorough understanding of customer and market needs / trends, and of company capabilities. Manages trade-offs and balance conflicting demands to develop solutions that maximize the company’s opportunity vs. competitors.
- Provides leadership and direction within and outside the organization for any business, technical or competitive issue on assigned product line/s. Champions the “voice of the customer” on all product related issues inside the company.
- Responsible for effective and professional communication to all levels in the company to explain the rationale of product line strategies, positioning, channel needs, financial impact, priorities and customer requirements.
- Develops and implements annual strategic product plan on a three-year planning horizon. Develops new product development (NPD) objectives, strategies and timelines to maximize market share growth. Conduct an ongoing product rationalization program.
- Develop 3 year Product Plan view for initiatives relating to cost, quality, marketing focus, exits and new product introductions.
- Recommends annual pricing strategy, sets list prices, and reviews price concession requests. Conducts analysis of competitive positioning, revenue and profit impact of price changes.
- Provides competitive analysis at the regional level, and insight to product gaps or advantages.
- Supports business improvement initiatives in assigned product range. Develops a monthly forecast update to help set material and capacity planning.
- Provides sales and product training support to drive revenue and profitability goals of product line. Attend industry-related trade shows, sales meetings, and maintain trade association contacts as needed. Maintain a general understanding of pertinent industry building and government codes and standards to best position assigned product line.
- Support brand marketing / marketing services with product knowledge, promotional strategies and tactics for assigned product lines. Review content and message of all collateral materials and communications for assigned product lines. Ensure the accuracy of product offering, descriptions, pricing, etc in all company communications.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of Product Management experience including new product launch, portfolio analysis, product life cycle management, category simplification, and management of cross-functional teams
- Prior demonstrated success in developing product plans for retail and/or wholesale channels
- Prior P & L experience
- Experience in product development, marketing and promoting products through creative marketing processes with retail or trade partners
- Outstanding communication skills (written, presentation, one on one)
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.