Therma-Tru Doors has an opening for a Credit Manager in the corporate office in Maumee, OH.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the Credit Manager, you will manage Therma-Tru’s trade credit portfolio, including but not limited to, establishing and maintaining credit policy, credit risk mitigation, including assessing the creditworthiness of potential customers as well as periodic financial review of existing customers. This position will be responsible for all collection activities including leading the credit and collection team and establishing the key metrics and measures of success and providing appropriate training and growth opportunities.
- Manage the credit function including the development and execution of credit policies, maintaining and revising procedures to mirror best practices. Handle certain high-risk customers, regions, or escalations from the Credit and Collection Analysts
- Make business-appropriate credit decisions utilizing various sources of information including pay habit, customers’ financial statements, and reports.
- Work to continually strive for A/R aging improvement and DSO reduction while supporting sales.
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives.
- Supervise team of A/R - Credit Collections associates.
- Coaches team members on best practices in credit and collections, and in working with the business units. Ensures each employee has appropriate job duties and defined goals. Implements robust back up plans for each role and process.
- Lead monthly AR meetings, generate monthly analysis and reports to leadership team and business unit owners.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectable; ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Establish and manage credit limits on customer accounts.
- Perform month end reconciliation of AR to the GL for two ERP systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting; NACM Certification a plus.
- 10 years of experience credit and collection functions, including establishing customer credit lines.
- 3 or more years of supervisory/leadership experience required.
- Strong business acumen and business partnering skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment, driving for continuous improvement.
- Requires a broad understanding of operational, accounting (including SOX), and finance topics.
- Hands on experience in using ERP software systems (preferably Oracle).
- Knowledgeable in reading financial statements and credit reports in evaluation of customer credit worthiness.
- Strong audit background, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, reconciliation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products and other analytical systems/tools.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.