Located in Northeast Indiana, Therma-Tru is currently seeking a Production Supervisor for 2nd shift at our Butler, Indiana plant.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the Production Supervisor, you will lead and supervise 30-70 associates’ activities to ensure individual member goals are achieved in support of the team goals.
- Supervise approximately 30-70 associates
- Lead focus on safety
- Develop, train and empower associates
- Maintain and encourage focus on quality and customer service
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Support lean initiatives
- Interact as a liaison between other departments
- Support new product launches
- Manage resources to meet departmental goals
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Lead Associate through team concept and mentor growth in a fast paced environment.
- Lead and Participate in Value Based Safety
- Become a “Safety Trigger” for our associates and team through daily walk and actions
- Lead Incident investigation and Own the actions from the investigation
- Lead 6S participation
- Elevate Housekeeping above industry standards – Sustainment of Improvements through a system
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Production Supervisor will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership ability with sense of urgency
- Excellent coaching and teambuilding skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing lean initiatives and cost reduction skills
- Experience with E21 or similar ERP system
- Understanding of the daily scheduling process
- Strong ability to drive change
- Understanding of responsibilities and accountability