Therma-Tru Doors is hiring a Quality Manager for the door manufacturing facility in Butler, Indiana to lead the quality teams both strategically and tactically in advancing internal and external quality practices.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
The Quality Manager will provide strategic vision to build infrastructure to proactively improve quality performance supporting field related and process related defects. She/He will collaborate with others to drive continuous improvements and mentor others in the organization.
- Develop and lead the strategic quality plan for the Butler plant in collaboration with peer level staff members and corporate team.
- Support and drive Butler plant metrics and initiatives.
- Understand the data and strategic plan, and then drive alignment and collaboration to reach goals.
- Drive external defect resolution and effectively communicate actions and accountability.
- Drive internal defect resolution through establishment of quality training that is effective and proactive to improve line performance.
- Interact with Customers/Sales and other departments on issues and be able to respond timely with key actions to prioritize, resolve problems, and drive improvements. Additionally, must be able to confront issues and professionally push back on issues that are within specification.
- Assure and initiate capital projects that address/build-in quality within the process. Work with Process Engineers to collaboratively initiate and drive these efforts.
- Develop team that is action and results oriented vs. audit/reporting oriented.
- Assure proactive training and education is happening with direct reports and we are developing skill base to strengthen team.
- Integrate quality mind-set with associates at all levels within operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical program
- 8 years’ experience in a quality with a thorough understanding and proven experience managing quality disciplines and processes.
- Supervisory/Management experience with a proven track record of managing and developing technical, clerical and production associates.
- Proven results with Quality Management System
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality (CMQ), Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing expertise or equivalent experience that demonstrates a thorough understanding of these tools.
- Solid understanding of business and financial principles.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy (excel, word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, ERP software)