Now is a great time to open the door on a new opportunity with a growing business! Therma-Tru Doors is looking for a leader to join our Manufacturing Operations as a Focus Factory Manager in Butler, IN.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the Focus Factory Manager, you will lead a dynamic manufacturing team in developing and executing manufacturing processes to achieve facility goals. The FFM will focus on the fiberglass door line of the business. The Fiberglass line of business includes over 300 salaried and hourly associates over 3 shifts.
This role will measure safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance while leveraging data to drive continuous improvement efforts. In addition, the FFM is responsible for driving results through a culture of teamwork and collaboration. The FFM is responsible for driving efficiency gains by managing labor and developing and leading a diverse team.
Therma-Tru offers a safe, clean, service, and quality driven environment that empowers associates to bring new ideas forward.
- Build strong employee relations through positive and open communication; consistent application of policies and procedures; and empowerment of all personnel; Develop team to grow and support business growth
- Identify, implement and support safety, environmental, lean manufacturing, quality and process improvements
- Responsible for leading and ensuring flexible, cost effective, high quality, high service manufacturing operations
- Support facility manufacturing strategy, technical development of manufacturing processes and establishing cost, quality and delivery targets
- Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs with supporting budget requests and financial estimates
- Ensure that duties, responsibilities, and authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood
- Recognize potential issues, evaluate and communicate risks and perform analyses to evaluate options
- Recruit, train, and motivate the best personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth, in harmony with the existing corporate culture
- Develop, review, and approve the setting of budgets throughout manufacturing operations
- Support and drive 100% on-time delivery.
- Drive improvements and simplification process on to control inventory accuracy and minimize transactions to process material in production of door units.
- Function as the project leader, team participant, or team champion on cross-functional teams working on continuous improvement projects
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the company in establishing and carrying out responsibilities
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced Degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing facility
- Proven track record of building a team, managing change, streamlining processes, and driving safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements
- Strong working knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles;
- Strong analytical problem-solving delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership interpersonal and organizational skills.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.