Therma-Tru is looking for a collaborative, results driven Senior Program Manager to lead our team of project managers in new product development. The position is in our exciting new Innovation Center in Maumee, OH.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the Senior Program Manager, you will enhance project management capabilities to provide line of sight from ideation to commercialization. You are responsible and accountable for the execution of all programs assigned to you and your team. You will lead a team of 4 project managers and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the business that implement new product opportunities in a fast, quality driven approach.
- Responsible for the execution of all new product development launches through both the wholesale and retail channels on time, schedule, and scope.
- Lead/manage associates and multiple projects in an aggressive and innovative approach in developing new components, assemblies and models utilizing a working knowledge of various materials, processes and engineering practices. Demonstrated speed to market skills mandatory
- Responsible to develop and maintain the overall new product development / Stage Gate process for the company inclusive of deliverables from ideation through commercialization.
- Contribute to project prioritization decisions and overall NPD portfolio management to maximize the benefits of the entire project portfolio
- Work with cross functional leaders to help identify resource constraints/consumption and recommend work flow changes to help with any over or under utilization of resources.
- Responsible to drive consistent implementation of sound project management principles and techniques on the project management team.
- Compile, prepare and present project updates and technical presentations to staff and executive management
- Utilize Therma-Tru’s product development processes to develop new products that fulfill business opportunities (timing, customer requirements and cost targets) while meeting all codes and applicable internal standards
- Motivate teams to investigate and coordinate outside technical/industrial resources to develop innovative, quality designs to meet business opportunities
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Project Manager will have:
- Minimum of B.S. degree
- PMP certification through PMI or other similar accreditations
- 5 years Program Management
- 10 years experience in product development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience bringing new products to the marketplace
- Demonstrated leadership of multiple teams and projects
- Demonstrated development of a direct report team
- Excellent root cause problem solving skills with timely follow-up
- Ability and willingness to travel 10-20% of the time
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.