Therma-Tru Doors is seeking an experienced product development trailblazer to lead the engineering team at our new Innovation Center in Toledo, OH.
The Director of Engineering will be a dynamic and charismatic leader responsible for managing and directing all corporate engineering projects and processes including strategic planning, product design, quality assurance, and problem resolution. You will partner with product management and marketing insights to deliver new product development in harmony with customer needs and market trends. You will drive innovative product design to meet and exceed company objectives, and partner with management to develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Lead the team’s 3-year strategic product development planning efforts in coordination with Therma-Tru’s overall priorities.
- Prepare and control annual budget and resource planning efforts while managing project budgets and metrics monthly.
- Develop and maintain the overall new product development / Stage Gate process for the company inclusive of all Engineering deliverables
- Develop methodology to prioritize demands and allocate limited resources and evaluate the technical feasibility of new ideas
- Partner with product management, advanced development and marketing insights to develop the new product strategy.
- Identify, attract, and retain professional, creative and motivated engineering team members.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Promote effective cross-functional teamwork between engineering, product management, advanced development, sales, manufacturing and other functions in order to improve existing products and generate ideas for new products and business opportunities.
- Partner with manufacturing in achieving cost targets, process requirements, production schedules, Production troubleshooting and design feasibility.
- Manage test facilities, equipment, and lead a team of test engineers and technicians in the preparation, execution, and documentation of design validation testing
- May perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with at least 5 years in engineering management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME,EE,Systems) Required. Advanced degree preferred.
- A proven track-record of bringing new products to the marketplace through a stage gate process from ideation to commercialization.
- Demonstrated success in improving product development cycle time and managing large, complex projects in cross-functional environments.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong planning, organizing, and change management capabilities.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience – ability to recruit, develop, and retain talent within the organization.
- Strong business partnering, collaboration, relationship building and consulting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.