Therma-Tru is currently seeking a Retail Sales Representative to join our field sales team in the Pacific Northwest Territory. To provide the best service to our customers the ideal sales representative will live in the Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon area.
As the Retail Sales Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to maximize revenues and maintain customer satisfaction throughout retail locations in the territory by: training, coaching, and assisting millwork sales, product service, and Pro Services associates. You will manage the store relationship and provide full-support product knowledge training and education for the full Therma-Tru product line. The RSR will be responsible for executing the strategic sales plan to meet retail sales goals and ensure corporate alignment. Therma-Tru will provide a full training and support network to educate you on the product line and role responsibilities.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
- Implementing and executing Therma-Tru’s merchandising and training plan at retail locations.
- Increase sales and minimize cost through training and service.
- Responsible for the implementation of in-store sales training programs to maximize the effectiveness of the sales and marketing efforts of retail associates including; millwork associates, product service associates, Project Specialist Exterior, and Pro Services associates.
- Support Lowe’s Door Shop initiatives by communicating issues and opportunities for improvement, while driving sales at the store level.
- Drive top line sales growth by building relationships, delivering effective sales messaging, and providing impactful customer solutions.
- Take ownership of the territory assigned by building relationships with the Lowe’s store, Assistant, and Department Managers through demonstrating effective training and follow up skills on all issues presented.
- Ensure all new and remerchandised stores are set on schedule via follow up on inbound stock and merchandising materials in a timely manner in which the store set crew can complete on time.
- Recommend changes to the sales training as well as creating new modules to incorporate new products, services, and programs.
- Ensure all returns are inspected and return authorization’s written on a regular basis.
- Responsible for completion of all resets and ensuring all displays are installed correctly which could require physical labor to tear down/build kiosks and install displays.
- Manage a travel and expense budget as appropriate while effectively meeting territory sales goals.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with distributor partners to facilitate achievement of team goals.
- Collaborate with Wholesale Business Unit partners to meet joint goals and improve distributor performance.
- Work with a network of marketing and product management associates to develop and implement sales messaging, new product recommendations, and POP changes.
- Conduct at-home warranty claim inspections and recommend corrective action/resolution.
- Recommend changes to ensure proper in-aisle stock assortment to maximize sales.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
A successful Retail Sales Representative will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Sales preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Retail Merchandising / Service and Sales Training preferred OR new college graduate with sales internship experience.
- Experience in Retail Service people management preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, computer, and people skills required.
- Willing to travel (50%).
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.