Therma-Tru Doors is currently seeking a Product Manager to support research and development of innovative engineering products that will drive our company’s growth in the future.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
The Product Manager will engage in the processes of design, development, testing and related operations essential in the development, launch, and support of Therma-Tru’s smart/connected platform and technology. You will be key in the end-to-end architecture of a smart platform ecosystem and connectivity fabric for seamless delivery of connected features. You are an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions. As a strong leader you will have the opportunity to advance your career in the Therma-Tru and Fortune Brands companies. We know how valuable your problem-solving and leadership skills are to our company’s success, and we offer an exceptional salary and benefits package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position. If you are ready to steer high-level projects to success, we are excited to have you on our team.
- Research, evaluate and recommend state of the art technologies used in IoT and smart/connected products and technology that could fit well in our innovation roadmap.
- Responsible for interfacing with the advanced engineering team and other departments (marketing, technical sales, manufacturing, sourcing, IT, etc.) to bring connected/smart concepts into production.
- Takes an active role in all stages of application development: conceptualize, design, build, test, and release.
- Responsible for architecture, systems engineering, development, validation and the ongoing operations of connected systems and electrification of connectivity features.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers internal and external resources on system design and firmware integration. Architect, develop and maintain defined software interfaces with hardware components and firmware.
- Based on Marketing requirements, generate engineering documentation such as product specifications, software flow charts, sub-system/component functional specs and test plans.
- Analyze system failure points, evaluating pros and cons of solution proposals including conducting high level FMEAs.
- Develop test plans and manage the development of the platform to comply. This may involve executing against known standards and developing new standards per industry practice.
- BS in a technical discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Computer Science)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a new product development – workflows, prototypes, mockups
- Experience driving the design process from start to finish — requirements gathering, conceptual design, validation, testing, optimization, and iteration.
- Experience managing external partnerships
- General understanding of one or more of following topics: UL practices, embedded systems, hardware-software dependencies circuit interfaces, (e.g. stepper motors, sensors, transducers), electrical communication standards (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C), wireless standards (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee), back-end server development along with app development on Android of Apple platforms.
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working on an agile/scrum development team and proactively advancing the frontier of progress
- Strong communication (written and verbal) as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Quick learning on technologies new to you, able to quickly ramp up through engagement with Subject Matter Experts and manage external partner development.
- Demonstrated experience developing software / hardware; doing so in a connected environment is a plus.
- 5-10% travel required
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.