Are you some building products professional with in-home sales experience looking for your next career opportunity? Therma-Tru Doors is looking for a Business Development Specialist in the Repair & Remodel Channel to lead Therma-Tru’s revenue growth goals for the Eastern US. Ideally, we are looking for someone to reside in Nashville or Charlotte or any major metro airport.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As a Repair & Remodeling (R&R) Channel Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our sales team, marketing team, and external customers grow top line sales for our R&R business. You will develop and implement new R&R-focused solutions for sales, training, merchandising aids, collateral, and promotions in the East Region.
- Eastern US (Generally all states East of Mississippi River)
- Serve as subject matter expert for R&R customer segment needs and as Voice of Customer from an R&R perspective back to the Channel Enablement Team.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with key and prospective customer accounts to drive future R&R sales growth.
- Collaborate with District Sales Managers to develop an R&R growth and development plan for assigned markets.
- Partner with the Channel Enablement Team & Wholesale Sales Team:
- Create and implement strategic initiatives to drive future R&R sales growth as well as maintain current R&R business.
- Develop and implement new R&R Focused solutions & programming.
- Develop and deliver training at multiple points in the channel (distributor, dealer, and in-home sales associates) for product knowledge, R&R sales process, and installation of entry doors.
- Partner with key Distributor Fabricators to:
- Prospect, engage, and convert R&R dealer targets.
- Develop capabilities needed to service R&R dealers.
- Resolve service issues in partnership with their Customer Service Group.
- Effectively handle all administrative tasks (CRM, reports, budgets, expenses, etc.) in a timely manner
- Attend trade shows as necessary
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field – preferred
- 3-5 years direct or in-home sales experience in building products industry – preferred
- Experience calling on specialty replacement dealers and remodeling contractors
- Experience with multi-step distribution channel
- Experience with sales forecasting
- Excellent communication skills – written, one-on-one, and presentations
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to embrace new tools & techniques in the sales process (i.e., Challenger, 8020, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and CRM
Work-Life Balance Considerations
- Ability to live near a major metropolitan airport in the Eastern US
- Ability to travel overnight approximately 3 nights/week within the geographic region