Therma-Tru is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to work at our Butler, Indiana door plant.
Therma-Tru is the #1 Fiberglass door manufacturer in the industry. Therma-Tru has a history of innovation and is committed to providing outstanding products that not only perform but also enhance you home. Therma-Tru is a part of Fortune Brands, the foremost consumer home products company, including Moen, MasterBrand Cabinets, and Master Lock.
The Quality Engineer will coordinate resources to best support Manufacturing Operations across the plant, lead quality and cost improvement projects; work with all facets of the value stream from vendor to end customer to drive quality improvements; support new product launch.
- Manage, Lead, Coach, and Develop Quality Technicians, Monitors, Analysts, and Group Leads
- Ensure proper alignment to Focus Factory Directives
- Deploy Practical Problem Solving on shop floor
- Accountable for Quality Gates and immediate actions that address quality issues, stop to fix, and drive non-conformances up, and eventually out of, the value stream (Quality Feedback Loop Process)
- Lead improvement projects leveraging Six Sigma methodologies
- 7 Habits discipline and methodologies
- Lead and support daily communications with Operations Huddle Board meetings
- Leverage VA/VE for Quality Activities to optimize Cost of Quality
- Timely communications to all appropriate functions
- Implement permanent corrective actions to eliminate process and product defects
- Understand and translate Voice of Customer, Voice of Process, and Voice of Business into actionable items to improve manufacturing performance
- Identify gaps between current processes and standardized work, Process FMEA’s and Control Plans
- Support cross-functional teams to resolve quality problems with customers, purchasing, supplier quality, design engineering, product management, process engineering, and manufacturing operations
- Participate in incident investigations and resolutions
- Immediately address any potential safety or ergonomic issues with a “safety first” attitude
- Actively participate in the VBS (Value Based Safety) Program
A successful Plant Quality Engineer will have:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university, prefer Quality or Engineering degree
- At least 2 years of quality supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven successful track record identifying, controlling, and preventing product and process non-conformances
- Ability to lead and influence others not under direct supervision
- Experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Root Cause Analysis, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, and Control Plan experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Strong ability to be or become a Change Agent, helping our teams meet future requirements
- Confidently and professionally provide coaching to Quality Associates, holding self and team members accountable for achieving aggressive goals and while adhering to the TT PAR guidelines.
- Physical demands of performing the duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Occasionally lifting/handling up to <=50 lbs
- Frequently lifting/handling up to <=15 lbs
Non-Physical Demands include but are not limited to:
- Frequent change of tasks
- Irregular work schedule to ensure proper supervision of off-shifts
- Willingness to pursue ASQ Certification as part of Professional Development
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.