Therma-Tru Doors in Butler, IN, located 30 miles north of Fort Wayne, is currently seeking a Production Manager to oversee the Molding area of the plant. The manager will oversee 3 supervisors, 1 manufacturing engineer, and approximately 160-170 hourly associates.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the Production Manager you will continue to drive a lean manufacturing team in continuous improvement activities that promote growth in the TT business. The Production Manager will focus on developing engaged associates, driving quality, and safety. The manager will collaborate with Product Engineering to collectively assure manufacturability of products to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This individual MUST have manufacturing related management or leadership experience. Great work environment and great team with lots of opportunity for growth!
- Develop team to grow and support business unit growth
- Drive positive financial trends in a flexible cost structure
- Drive improvements in operations (area of Safety, Quality, Customer Service Index, Cost Drive Initiatives, Housekeeping, and Leadership)
- Drive and become a Champion of productivity and OEE metrics and improvement plans
- Build strong employee relations through positive and open communication; consistent application of policies and procedures; and empowerment of all personnel.
- Drive improvements and simplification process to control inventory accuracy and minimize transactions to process material in production of door Units.
- Drive support resources to understand product-manufacturing issues that impact environmental, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the company in establishing and carrying out strategic initiatives
- Support and drive 100% on-time delivery.
- Become a Change Agent and have a Passion for Winning
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Management
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing facility
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Project Management experience
- Manufacturing Operations and Product Engineering experience
- Ability to lead and develop team
- Strong financial management skills
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.