Therma-Tru Doors is looking for a building materials sales expert to lead the Northeast District as a District Sales Manager. The District Manager will drive Therma-Tru’s revenue growth through a tenured team of sales pros.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
As the District Sales Manager for the Northeast Region, you will guide the territory managers and market specialists in the region to drive sales to our wholesale distribution customers. As a member of the Wholesale Distribution Leadership Team, you will be a key contributor to the strategic direction and decisions for this business channel.
- New York (excluding NYC metro)
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- Execute strategic sales growth initiatives for Wholesale and Fypon Business Units through District team and other key stakeholders, such as National Accounts, Fypon Sales, and Retail Sales.
- Participate in strategic planning for Wholesale channel. Translate vision into strategies, business plans, budgets, and targets for district market share, sales, and profit growth.
- Embrace and embed new tools & techniques in the sales process
- Select, hire, lead, manage, coach, and develop district team members.
- Assist team with business development planning for specific market segments and channels.
- Act as primary contact for escalation of issues brought forward by team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and target new accounts. Drives growing and cultivating customer relationships and closing deals through team.
- Inform internal key stakeholders of major issues or concerns involving competitor activities.
- Provide forecast input into operational planning process.
- Maintain budget for district sales team. Prepare monthly report of new sales activity and future opportunities for district.
- Manage metrics such as: sales revenue, profitability, market share growth, product mix and other (S & OP, corporate goals, leadership competencies etc.).
- Attend tradeshows and other customer events, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field – preferred.
- 10 or more years of sales management experience in the building products or consumer durable goods industries.
- Experience and knowledge of the Wholesale Distribution Channel.
- Proven experience in strategically growing or expanding a sales territory and developing business plans with customers.
- Strong planning, organizing, communication, and change management capabilities.
- Outstanding customer relationship and collaboration capability.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience and a track record of coaching, developing and mentoring talent.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment.
- Strong bias for action and results focus.
- Proficient in CRM & Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Work-Life Balance Considerations
- Ability to live centrally within the geographic district and/or near a metropolitan area within the geographic district
- Ability to travel overnight approximately 3 nights/week within the geographic district