At Therma-Tru you will work for a company that is focused on developing and investing in its people, products, and processes. You will work for an organization that promotes associate learning, growth, development, and having fun.
As a Controls Engineer you will provide technical support and leadership to operations automation projects. Responsibilities include upkeep and improvement of control systems for vital equipment in both the fiberglass molding plant and the door assembly plant. In this role, the control engineer will be required to lead projects from concept through completion. The control engineer will need to have good teamwork and communication skills to smoothly implement key projects.
- Provide leadership through technical expertise to maintenance associates.
- Assist plant associates with technical questions and potential solutions
- Equipment Protection and Safety
- Make changes to equipment controls to improve reliability and safety
- Good understanding of OSHA safety requirements
- Review new equipment controls for safety effectiveness.
- Equipment and facilities
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Lead process improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Create control specifications for new equipment.
- Aid in the installation and startup of new equipment.
- Standardize control equipment
- Setup and maintain necessary networks, software, tools for effective controls work
- Manage outside resources when necessary
- Strong programming skills, predominately Allen Bradley PLC control systems
- Ability to integrate typical production I/O, drive systems, including all electrical panel components
- Ability to generate electrical drawings for new projects and equipment changes
- Preferably have BSEE or equivalent
- Minimum of 5yrs Controls Experience
- Previous experience in the installation and startup of new equipment, and troubleshooting in an production environment
- Previous experience with Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, PLC programming
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.