Therma-Tru is currently seeking a proven leader to manage the warehouse operations at our distribution center in Howe, Indiana.
The Distribution Manager will lead the Howe Distribution center consisting of 3 shifts of 175-200 hourly and salary associates within 2 separate cost centers. The core leadership team includes safety, process engineering, and operations professionals. The manager will continue to improve safety, reduce costs, and drive to ensure product is shipped efficiently. Therma-Tru has an exciting culture of empowerment and work-life balance!
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
- Overall site leadership responsibility
- Responsible for development and implementation of strategic operations plan; achieving plant goals and objectives, annual budgeting, and team development.
- Manage a three shift warehouse and light assembly/distribution operation of 175-200 associates within 2 separate cost centers
- Lead and manage team of distribution supervisors, safety, process engineering, and maintenance teams
- Works closely with the HR Manager and team to drive positive associate relations, leadership development and associate accountability
- Ensure that TT core values are enhanced through Leadership and Strategies
- Create continuity between Therma-Tru plants and shift operations
- Lead Safety Improvement efforts for the warehouse
- Lean manufacturing focus and understanding
- Drive warehouse costs down year over year
- Responsible for leading rationalization efforts and ensuring flexible, cost-effective, high-quality warehouse operations.
- Communicate high performance metrics to all associates
- High focus on delivery, service and quality
- Domestic and International Logistics
- Establish strong relationship with customers by providing products of high quality as ordered and will work with customers and sales to solve problems and develop new ways to grow business.
- Reduce total operating cost through continuous improvement and processes.
- Partner with all functions to support major initiatives such as procurement, engineering projects, supply chain and production.
- Must have 5+ years progressive management experience
- Plant/Distribution facilities management a plus
- Highly skilled manager w/well-rounded exp in fast-paced environment.
- Degree in engineering or business required; MBA a decided plus
- Excellent collaborative & leadership skills to lead & motivate
- Strong interpersonal & verbal / written communication skills.
- Determine and install appropriate performance metrics to promote long-term continuous improvement programs consistent with operating objectives of business.
- Exhibit strong leadership and coaching skills and possess hands-on management style that emphasizes communication and employee empowerment.
- Familiarity with ERP systems Preferred.
- Familiar w/formal mfg programs such Kaizen, Six-Sigma, lean mfg, supply chain initiatives, Kan Ban & new product introductions Preferred.
- Success implementing & maintaining lean mfg tools, JIT, TQM, ISO / QS9000, Six Sigma in mfg environment Preferred.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.