Therma-Tru Doors is currently seeking an energetic, creative, team player to join the marketing team in Maumee, OH as a Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Designer will join the creative team, working to craft the brand-, product- and customer images and materials used in various marketing and communications initiatives and programs. The position encompasses creative concepting, the layout and design of various printed, online, packaging and merchandising elements, as well as maintaining and supporting brand standards. You are also responsible for production design work, including save outs of Photoshop files into multiple versions and other digital asset management efforts. You will collaborates closely with our internal writing teams, as well as marketing specialists, to develop production and creative solutions that can be deployed across multiple customer channels, audiences and media. You work as part of the creative team to evolve the creative standards, processes and tools needed to ensure creative quality and integrity.
- Design and execute creative designs for various brand and product marketing communications materials including, but not limited to, catalogs, brochures, trade shows, merchandising aids, promotions, displays, websites and advertising.
- Co-manage and maintain the unit’s image library, which includes, but is not limited to, overall organization, annual planning, production files, ongoing updates, and digital asset management and rights management.
- Work with the team to progress the unit’s photography efforts, which includes, but is not limited to, establishing and documenting standards, as well as managing the development of new images (in-studio and on location).
- Manage some photographic retouching (existing and new) efforts.
- Manage various brand and product illustration and conceptualizing efforts, which includes, but is not limited to, renderings and technical drawings.
- Support the unit’s product visualization efforts through the development online, offline and app tools.
- Support the development and deployment of the unit’s overall creative standards, processes and tools.
- Support the development of the visual component of the brand’s “why” messaging efforts to support the brand’s value proposition(s) in the marketplace.
- Support the development of the unit’s annual creative plan.
- Support all visual brand standards.
- Manage project vendors and budgets.
- Interact, as needed, with outside creative resources (agencies, designers, illustrators, and graphic studios).
- Manage, as needed, all pre-press activities, including file preparation, color matching and color corrections.
- Manage, as needed, all on-site press checks.
- Support the Marketing department’s overall process and project management improvement efforts.
- Support the development of the unit’s annual marketing communications plans.
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Graphic Designer will have:
- Bachelor degree in visual communications technology, graphic design or similar area of study.
- 2-7 years of experience working with or in a marketing department, agency or similar environment.
- Experience working with and maintaining digital asset management systems.
- Solid conceptualization skills.
- Solid problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly.
- Motivated team player who works well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Experience with successful project management.
- Ability to work with complex products and attention to detail a must.
- Expertise with the following programs:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.