Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Do you like to develop and test next generation solutions?
Therma-Tru Doors is currently seeking an R&D Electrical Engineer to support research and development of innovative engineering products that will drive our company’s growth in the future. You will develop and execute the product roadmaps for home connectivity, power door, harnesses, and connections. You will be a member of the dynamic engineering team that works to bring engineered solutions to realization; balancing new product development, continuous improvement engineering activities, and project management responsibilities. You will be challenged with engineering and technical problems that stretch your talents and expand your horizons. We offer a collaborative environment, flexible schedule, and great benefits.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of innovation on door applications of electronic and electromechanical solutions.
- Develop technology in the areas of WIFI connectivity, sensors, algorithms, and electronics to support innovation
- Lead detailed technical discussions and design reviews with other technical and business functions in the company and assist in bringing new products through production and into the market place predictably.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development staff for the creation and development of new products.
- Design, develop and implement new products to meet customer needs through the utilization of engineering principals based on the use of tools such as QFD’s, DOE’s, Tolerance Stack-ups, DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s to support the development of product changes or new product introductions.
- Perform reliability analysis of complex systems with the ability to process, interpret and use simulation and evaluation data for the design and development of the product.
- Specify hardware and/or software solutions thoroughly testing the overall system
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
Successful candidates will have:
- BS in an engineering discipline, Electrical, Robotics, Mechanical Electrical, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a new product development setting.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of APQP type Phase/Gate New Product Development Process.
- Demonstrated ability to take a product design from concept through prototypes to full production in an accelerated time frame.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, sensors, data acquisition systems
- Analog and digital design experience
- Knowledge of Test design and execution
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic field theory to include RF design and EMI effects on systems
- Broad understanding of electrical and electromechanical system design and integration.
- Design experience with wiring diagrams, harnesses assembly, routing, and connections, Wifi connectivity.
- Experience with design and applications of various sensors. Lab view and Mathlab.
- Experience working with statistics and Design of experiments
- Proficient in using advanced reliability analysis and tools to design for the product life.
- Knowledgeable about consumer product safety.
- Knowledge about codes and regulations compliance for electrical materials and flammability (UL, CSA)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.