Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Are you passionate about quality and continuous improvement?
We at Therma-Tru are seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team based Supply Chain department in our Matamoros, MX plant.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will work in a strong team oriented environment, helping to drive company profitability through improvements in our suppliers’ quality, delivery, and efficiencies. Located in our glass plant in Matamoros, MX you will work closely with local plant operations and the Supplier Quality Engineering Manager located in Butler, IN. Travel to the corporate and US plant operations for training is expected. Therma-Tru offers a dynamic workplace with opportunity for continued career growth. Therma-Tru provides a daily shuttle service to those employees living in the US traveling across the border to Mexico.
- Develop and document supplier quality programs: control and processing of nonconforming material, supplier metrics, corrective actions, service levels; product safety and environmental stewardship and improvement goals
- Manage purchased product launches with direct responsibility for the suppliers’ product quality while working with a team of engineers, product managers, and commodity managers, following an APQP process
- Develop and verify product qualification documents on new products, engineering changes, and supplier changes through APQP and PPAPs
- Develop and maintain supplier quality database to track supplier; process capability, warrants and certification levels, critical characteristics and parameters and additional requirements not specified by top drawing.
- Control purchase order data items relating to technical and quality requirements
- Develop and maintain receiving inspection programs with operations and plant quality
- Perform supplier assessments and improvements through: product and system audits, needs assessments, supplier visits
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in business, purchasing, quality, or operations required; engineering degree a plus
- 3 years’ minimum, 5+ years preferred, of experience in a manufacturing quality role
- Bilingual - Written and spoken
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blue prints, specifications, and standards required
- Strong project management, teamwork, communication, strategic planning, and analytical skills required
- Prior experience with wood, plastic, steel, aluminum, or chemicals is a strong advantage
- Prior experience working with global supply base (Asia, S. America, N. America) a plus
- Knowledge and experience with gage R&R, control charting, capability studies and other quality tools desired
- Proficient in MS Excel for data compiling and mining