Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Are you a fan of Myth Busters and entrepreneur shows like Shark Tank? Are you willing to pitch your ideas and solutions as a start up? Do you like to create, develop and test new technologies and advanced product design?
Therma-Tru is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the new state of the art Innovation Center in Maumee, OH. In this position, you will design products that will drive our company’s growth as the most preferred door system manufacturer. You will lead advance development and testing that brings engineered solutions to realization; applying systems engineering. You will be challenged with complex engineering problems that requires critical thinking and advanced solutions that stretch your talents and expand your horizons.
- Design, develop, validate and implement innovative products to deliver a great customer experiences through the utilization of engineering principles
- To develop advanced solutions to keep the product leadership as the most preferred door system engineered to work together.
- Translate the voice of the customer to the voice of the engineer in order to define product specifications and requirements
- Benchmark and evaluate competitor’s performance
- Perform structural and reliability analyses of complex systems with the ability to process, interpret and use simulation and evaluation data for the design and development of product.
- Collaborate with engineers on development and implementation of innovative new product introductions or product changes throughout the company.
- Lead problem solving, technical discussions and design reviews with other technical and business functions in the company and assist in bringing new products through production and into the market place predictably.
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development staff for the creation and development of new products.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- BS in an engineering discipline, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in new product development (NPD)
- Demonstrated ability to take a product design from concept through prototypes to full production in an accelerated time frame.
- Problem solving experience working with statistics and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Proficient in using advanced structural analysis tools (FEA, CFD) to solve problems in static and dynamics problems.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of APQP type Phase/Gate New Product Development Process
- Experience with 3-D Parametric Solid Modeling (Solid Edge preferred), Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- MS of Mechanical Engineering.