Therma-Tru is the #1 Fiberglass door manufacturer in the industry; Rated “Best Buy” in 2015 by Consumers Digest in the fiberglass door category. Headquartered in Northwest Ohio Therma-Tru has a history of innovation and is committed to providing outstanding products that not only perform but also enhance your home.
Do you like to provide hands on teaching and training ? Do you have a passion for providing awesome customer service?
Therma-Tru is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager for the Eastern US Technical Sales group.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop and deliver continuous improvement training and hands on education activities for external distribution and dealer customers in the Great Lakes, North East, South East United States and Canada. You will serve as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Continuous improvement, Visual Factory Management, Standard Work and Data Collection. The focus of the role is in leading the development of distributor and dealer customers’ capabilities to enhance the quality and performance of Therma-Tru Door Systems.
- Partner with Technical Sales in managing an annual continuous improvement plan which outlines all projects needed to deliver on the company’s strategic initiatives and execute the projects to drive business results.
- Develop customer focused training, tools and techniques to help increase their capacity, be more effective in their capabilities, increase employees’ competencies and be more consistent in the quality of the products they produce.
- Help establish and coach our customers on managing a formal process for soliciting improvement ideas and feedback from employees.
- Lead and develop a Project plan and Gantt Chart with each strategic partner engaged in Continuous Improvement
- Continuous Improvement, Lean and / or 6 Sigma Experience
- A drive and determination to improve processes and training skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and influence customers who are out of your direct circle of influence
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Problem anticipation and solving skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Must have superior verbal communication and follow-up skills
- Handle multiple priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Organizational Change Management understanding
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in the building trades, with an emphasis on entry products
- Travel Requirement:
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.