Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
Are you a creative, well organized project manager? Have you ever thought what if a product could do this...? We are looking for someone to create ideas and challenge our innovation engineers to develop new products that surprise the consumer.
As a Product Innovation Manager, you will be responsible for turning market and customer insights into breakthrough solutions. Working with the marketing and engineering teams you will lead the advancement and development of new creative products and platforms in support of the mission and continued growth of the company. You will leverage primary and secondary research and data analytics to champion the product vision and serve as the advocate for the customer on cross-functional advanced development teams. As product vision owner you will partner with business units to craft business cases for new product concepts, including product definition, value proposition, positioning, and pricing. You will use your deep customer insights, skills, and imagination to identify, evaluate, and recommend new products, markets and businesses to reach and serve.
- Manage the development and execution of projects within the innovation pipeline in accordance with the company’s strategic goals.
- Assess new market trends and establish how they integrate into our business and product strategies.
- Champion the “voice of the customer” (VOC) guidance from Ideation through Validation for the innovation project team by developing a deep understanding of customer and market needs / trends, and of company capabilities. Responsible for needs discovery, segmentation, opportunity sizing, and analysis. Manages trade-offs and balance conflicting demands to develop solutions that maximize the company’s opportunity vs. competitors.
- Manage the consumer and trade qualitative and quantitative testing phases and refinement process as needed to advance projects.
- Provoke thought leadership that is driven by product discovery with clients and data analytics.
- Own and co-own the Product Innovation and Development Roadmap spanning a three- to five-year planning horizon.
- Partner with the Director to manage, lead, and evolve the innovation process for the company to ensure the process is rooted in sound shopper and market insights and supports our overall business and product strategies.
- And other duties as required.
A successful Product Innovation Manager will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 5 – 7 years of experience within CPG, or similar experience within marketing in a consumer durables industry, preferably in an entrepreneurial, fast-growth environment.
- Be a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop points of view on macro-trends and application to innovation opportunities.
- Solid understanding of consumer and market trends with a passion for building products.
- Proven track record in new product development, Stage-Gate new product process, new product consumer research, and testing.
- Experience leading and working with research partners, trade professionals, product suppliers and internal cross-functional teams, etc.
- Experience managing multiple projects with a variety of internal and external groups
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills (written, presentation, one on one).
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.