Therma-Tru is the leading entry door brand most preferred by building professionals. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low maintenance Fypon® polyurethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc which includes Moen, MasterBrand, and Master Lock companies.
The EHS Specialist identifies, develops and implements safety programs and strategies throughout the site to reduce or eliminate injuries and their associated costs. Supports environmental programs and policies as needed, assumes duties of the safety manager, including representing the company to internal and external stakeholders with regard to safety. Subject matter expert and consultant to the organization on matters related to safety and health.
- Provide expert insight to plan and implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Therma-Tru, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Utilizes established reporting and investigation procedures to Conduct incident investigations for accidents, incidents, injuries and complaints concerning potential hazards or unsafe conditions in the work place.
- Coordinates environmental and IH testing for storm water, sound, IAQ and personal exposures
- Coordinates, implements and maintains environmental programs and environmental auditing/inspection for the facility.
- Acts as a technical resource and/or lead on specialized safety topics. Examples include such topics as chemical and noise exposure, machine guarding, confined space entry, ergonomics, lockout/tagout, material handling, powered industrial trucks and hazardous materials transportation. Scope of technical expertise and/or lead status as determined by safety manager.
- In conjunction with safety manager, identifies, develops, coordinates and implements effective safety education and training, awareness and promotional activities, recognition and awards, accountability and employee involvement programs for the organization
- Assists with the development and execution of appropriate administrative programs for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of written programs, policies, procedures and records such as MSDS, lockout procedures and OSHA reporting
- Supports Behavior Based Safety (BBS) in driving participation, supplying critical data, coaching, and supervisor support.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of direct safety responsibility, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the safety and health programs, policies, risk identification and control strategies, and federal and state regulations. CSP, OSHA outreach trainer, Powered Industrial Truck trainer experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality including confidential information, including product, process, financial and legal compliance.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to work within diverse and challenging situations to achieve results in a straight forward and composed manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Competency in Microsoft business applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required including varying shifts, work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need. May need to respond to safety related emergencies.
Candidates for positions with Therma-Tru must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including student visas.